- To provide strategic advice to the RISSB Board on significant rail industry safety issues which have been identified as potential RISSB projects by others (e.g. SMG)
- To oversee RISSB projects associated with management of safety in accordance with the accredited RISSB administrative procedures.
Terms of Reference
- Provide strategic advice to the RISSB Board on issues relevant to rail safety;
- Propose the development of new standards, codes, rules and guidelines or changes to existing documents;
- Review change proposals from stakeholders on the merits of each change proposal, whether it should proceed, and the priority it should be accorded. Where they are of a minor nature, advise the RISSB Board to approve the proposed changes without the need for a Project Team.
- Advise the RISSB Board on how to fast track the implementation of rapid response changes to standards;
- Monitor progress of development activity by Project Teams and advise the RISSB Board as necessary;
- Review consultation comments and the Project Team’s responses to them;
- Advise the RISSB Board on the acceptability of the final output from a Project Team;
- Co-ordinate industry responses;
- Establish priorities and oversee the review and continuous improvement programme for safety; and
- Liaise with other Standing Committees for interface issues when required.
|Sandra Wilson-Ryke||ARTC (Chair)|
* As of 14th March 2016
Genesee and Wyoming