The National Rail Safety Investigation Course is an engaging and interactive foundation training course that provides participants with an understanding of the principles, methods, processes and legal requirements for investigating rail safety.
What does the course cover?
- Legal Requirements to Investigate
- Rail Safety Investigation Principles
- Investigations Processes
- Severity and Planning the Investigation
- Evidence Collection
- Evidence Analysis
- Report Writing
How is the course delivered?
This course is delivered face to face using the following methods:
- Discussion and analysis of case studies
- Brain storming
- Open discussion/question and answer sessions
- Practical application of theoretical training on a simulated incident including:
- Practical rail safety investigation
- Team rolls and tasks
- Gathering evidence
- Analysis of evidence
- Group Presentation of findings
How is this course assessed?
This course is assessed both theoretically through formative and summative assessment processes and through the final practical application off the training.
What will I receive at the end of the course?
Upon successful completion of the National Rail Safety Investigation Course, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment towards TLIF5017 – Investigate Rail Safety Incidents.
Participants will also receive an electronic tool kit to conduct rail safety investigations.
|Date:||Monday 19 August – Thursday 22 August 2019|
|Time:||08:00 – 16:00 each day|
|Type of Course:||Theoretical and Practical|