RISSB's Rail Safety Conference 2020
In 2020, the RISSB Rail Safety Conference will explore the theme, ‘How Safe is Safe Enough?’
Across Australia, rail is experiencing record investment with the implementation of current technologies and the growth in new infrastructure and services. Ensuring the safety of all working and using rail in times of growth and demand requires innovation, collaboration and leadership.
Returning to Sydney, Rail Safety, now in its 20th year, features a new, interdisciplinary and interactive format. As part of this revitalisation, attendees will hear from experts and safety professionals from across the Australian and international rail sectors in a comprehensive 2-day conference featuring case studies, best practice insights and innovative risk management strategies.
The NEW FORMAT will feature:
- Plenary sessions each morning including keynotes, thought provoking presentations and panels such as the popular ‘Ask the Regulator’ session
- Concurrent streams on the afternoon of Day One focusing on key safety issues such as track worker safety, RLX , contractor management and systems safety assurance
- The option to tailor your knowledge with the selection of site visits or workshops on the afternoon of Day Two.
Captain David Evans
In 2010, Captain David Evans was the Check Captain on board the Qantas QF32 during an “uncontained engine failure” resulting in serious damage to the almost brand new A380. Captain David Evans will share the real value of human factors in helping us to make the right decisions when things go wrong.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Sandra Wilson-Ryke, SQE Director, Keolis Downer
- John Langron, Rail Safety Manager, Sydney Metro
- Graham Jackson, Director Strategic Projects, Safety, Environment & Regulation, Transport for NSW
- Jonathan Carroll, Manager Safety, Aurizon
- Simon Foster, Executive Director, Technical, ONRSR
|Conference Dates||Tuesday 31 March – Wednesday 1 April 2020|
|Venue:||Aerial UTS Function Centre – Building 10, Level 7, 235 Jones Street, Ultimo, NSW, 2007|
Networking remains a priority and we are delighted to be holding the conference dinner at the Australian National Maritime Museum. Safety will travel from ship to shore at this year’s Rail Safety dinner at the Australian National Maritime Museum. Starting with a pre-dinner guided gallery and exhibition tour, guests will enjoy the museum’s stunning waterfront location on Sydney Harbour while sharing safety learnings and lessons with colleagues.
Promote Your Service or Product
To showcase your services, expertise and product(s) to the rail safety professionals and decision makers to this established industry gathering, contact Sarah Ingram, Sponsorship & Exhibition Sales Manager, Sarah.Ingram@informa.com or +61 406 530 043.