22 Jul 2016
Call for Development Group members – Code of Practice – Type Approval Signalling
The Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board is seeking nominations from people to join a RISSB Development Group to draft a Code of Practice – Type Approval Signalling.
This document will provide guidance on the application of AS7702 to signalling equipment and systems. With the purpose to gain a common understanding of type approval requirements between signalling suppliers and Rail Infrastructure Managers.
The following elements will be included in the scope of the document:
- Guidance on what equipment needs to be type approved
- Detailed guidance on information to support type approval
- Scaling the type approval for the risks on the criticality
- How to address incremental adjustments to existing type approvals
- How to address incremental adjustments to grandfather approvals
- Application of provisional or interim approvals
- Identify practices for trialling equipment during assessment
How to Contribute
Stakeholders and interested parties are invited to submit nominations for subject matter experts to join the Development Group to contribute to the overall depth and quality of the document.
Development Group membership is voluntary and requires the support of your employer organisation to attend and contribute. Attendance can be via teleconferencing, with attendance at around four meetings per year over the development of the standard. Further information on the responsibilities of a Development Group member can be obtained from the RISSB website. Development Group documentation will also be sent out to all nominees.
All nominations and enquiries are to be submitted by emailing Russ Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for nominations 22 August 2016.