NARS Adds Annual Meeting Online Options
“To make attending as convenient as possible, we have added online options because we know there is still uncertainty about traveling due to COVID-19,” said NARS President Tom Tisa. “We’ve put together such a great agenda—we don’t want anyone to miss out.”
NARS is adding flexibility by offering a virtual attendance option. New registrants have the choice between the virtual and in-person options on the online registration form. Those already registered can change attendance options by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The agenda includes presentations from executives of North America’s seven Class I railroads, along with key shippers, industry insiders and others:
• Lance Fritz, AAR Chairman and President and CEO, Union Pacific.
• Katie Farmer, President and CEO, BNSF.
• JJ Ruest, President and CEO, CN.
• Pat Ottensmeyer, President and CEO, KCS.
• Jim Foote, President and CEO, CSX.
• Keith Creel, President and CEO, Canadian Pacific.
• Ed Elkins, Vice President Industrial Products, Norfolk Southern.
• Michael Miller, President-North America, Genesee and Wyoming.
• Martin Oberman, Chairman, STB.
• Bruce Chinn, CEO, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC.
• Torri Stuckey, Head of North America Rail, BP.
• Chuck Baker, President, American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association.
• Tony Hatch, ABH consulting.
“We are working closely with the hotel to ensure all precautions are being taken to provide a safe environment for our attendees and speakers,” said Tisa. “We are excited to be able to gather once again in 2021.”
For more information about the NARS annual meeting and associated events, visit www.railshippers.com.
The North American Rail Shippers Association (NARS) is comprised of a network of five regional North American associations including the Pacific Northwest Association of Rail Shippers (PNWARS), the Midwest Association of Rail Shippers (MARS), the Southwest Association of Rail Shippers (SWARS), the Northeast Association of Rail Shippers (NEARS), and the Southeast Association of Rail Shippers (SEARS). Headquartered in the Chicago area, NARS brings together representatives from this network of more than 7,000 members of the rail shipping and railroad community in an annual forum, which enables open discussion of rail transportation issues. For more information, visit the NARS website.