NDDOT Developing ‘State Freight & Rail Plan’
The “State Freight & Rail Plan” will:
• Assess all freight modes (rail, road, air and pipeline).
• Identify needs and issues.
• Provide recommendations for policies, programs and processes.
• Identify potential projects that improve efficiency, reliability and safety.
• Serve as a roadmap for future investment.
It will also “rely on private-sector shippers and carriers, state and local agencies, and public input to direct future freight and rail transportation in the state,” according to NDDOT.
NDDOT will be conducting public and stakeholder outreach as well as analysis and assessments through the fall and winter. A final plan is expected by summer/fall 2022.