28 Nov 2016
RISSB Communique – RISSB AGM Heralds in a New Chair
RISSB held its Annual General Meeting on Monday 21st November in Adelaide, just before the annual AusRail conference.
A good turnout of members (just under 60% either in person or by proxy) saw the meeting provide endorsement or agreement on the following agenda items;
- Confirm the Minutes of the first AGM held on 23 November 2015.
- Receive and consider the Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended 30 June 2016 together with the Annual Report and the Reports of the Directors and Auditor thereon.
- Elect two Industry Directors, they being Mr Nabeel Sadaka elected to the office of Industry Director Suppliers and Contractors, and Mr Tim Ryan elected to the office of Industry Director Network Managers/Owners
- Endorse Mr Neil Backer as the Industry Director – Freight Operations.
- Endorse Ms Deborah Spring as the new Independent RISSB Chair
- Appoint Di Bartolo Diamond & Mihailaros as Auditor of the Company at a remuneration of $22,500 for the financial year ended 30 June 2017
- Consider and endorse the revised Strategic Plan 2015 as presented to Members.
The decision to stand down as Chair after seven years by Mr Tony Drake saw the AGM endorse Deb Spring as RISSB’s first female Chairperson.
Ms Spring commenced on the RISSB Board in 2015 as an Independent Director, and comes to RISSB with extensive experience at the Directorship and senior manager levels, as well as experience in the rail industry including a position the VLine Board, and senior positions with ARTC and National Rail.
At the conclusion of the AGM, Ms Spring proposed a resolution to thank Tony Drake for his many years of service to not only RISSB but to the rail industry, and to wish him well in his retirement. This was unanimously agreed to.