Guideline: Safe Operation Of Restricted
Access Road Vehicles Across Level Crossings Update
This Guideline has attracted significant interest from industry. The Development Group met three times in the last two months; the previous meeting was held in the first week of December. The publication is progressing well, and the Guideline is expected to be available to the industry in Q2 2023.
National Rolling Stock Register Project Update
RISSB has been working with supplier Aquipa (in consultation with some key industry stakeholders) to develop the National Rolling Stock Register. The data validation phase continues with discussions with rail industry
stakeholders to ensure imported data is accurate.
RISSB aims to work with industry to develop a functional specification for the rolling stock registration process, which is slated to commence next year.
The RISSB office will be closed from 24 December 2022 and will reopen on 3 January 2023.
To all our supporters, members and stakeholders, we wish you a Merry Christmas and an enjoyable new year.
We're looking forward to catching up with you all in the new year.
EVENTS AND PROGRAMS
Technology and Innovation Conference 8-9 March 2023
This dynamic two-day event will be held in Sydney on 8-9 March 2023 and will deliver compelling presentations and discussions on topics as diverse as AI, the future of rail, decarbonisation, human factors, virtual and augmented reality, cyber security, barriers to innovation, and digital engineering.
Confirmed international and Australian speakers include:
*Keynote - Joost de Kock, Deputy Secretary, Customer Strategy and Technology, Transport for New South Wales
* Keynote -Matthew Griffin, Founder and Futurist in Chief, 311 Institute (UK)
* Paul Murray, Program Manager, ACRI
* Sandra Lang, Technical Director Digital Engineering, Systra
* Simon Vaux, CEO and Co-Founder, DEOS Digital
* Nicholas Daly, Manager Innovation, Yarra Trams
* Bryony Outteridge, Principal Human Factors Advisor, Queensland Rail.
Tickets and more information about the event are available on Eventbrite. Just click the More Information button below this story to go to our Eventbrite page.
*If you have a question about the event or would like to get in contact with RISSB about a sponsorship opportunity for your business, email email@example.com with the subject line TIC23.
We're calling for abstracts for our 23rd Rail Safety Conference to be held in Sydney on 2-3 May 2023.
We are looking for best practice, practical and results-driven presentations that thematically relate to next year’s conference theme ‘Mind the Gap - Safety, Skills & Interoperability.'
Your submission should:
* Be constructed on evidence-based research, case studies and/or industry or organisational best practice
* Provide clear, actionable and practical solutions, processes or information
* Showcase innovative or unique practices, knowledge or methodologies
* Not have been shown extensively at other conferences or online events.