This Code of Practice provides guidance on the application of AS 7702 for signalling products and promotes a common understanding of type approval requirements between suppliers of product for signalling applications and Rail Transport Operators (RTO).
This Code of Practice is intended to be applied to the type approval of signalling products. The following will be included within this Code of Practice:
- Guidance on which products needs to be type approved.
- Detailed guidance on information to support type approval.
- Scaling the type approval for the risks on the criticality.
- Addressing incremental adjustments to existing type approvals.
- Addressing incremental adjustments to grandfather approvals.
- Application of provisional or interim approvals.
- Identifying practices for trialling equipment during assessment.
- Guidance on cross acceptance of products.