Horizons Shaping Rail’s Technical Future
The Horizons Program is part technology incubator, part knowledge sharing and part leadership development. Most importantly, the Horizons Program seeks to address the challenges of the future rail industry, today.
Participants will be taken on a practical professional journey, growing their knowledge of cutting-edge technology and developing an innovation mindset that will help position your organisation as a business of the future. The next generation of leaders will evolve their 21st century skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, communication, and collaboration, alongside other handpicked young leaders from Australia and beyond and learn about RISSB and Standards development.
Over the past two years, approximately 160 young leaders from 40 organisations have networked, learnt and grown their way through this program.
Horizons Program Format
The Horizons Program includes:
- Up to 5 forums (Get togethers delivered virtually, face-to-face or as a hybrid event depending on relaxation or enforcement of government travel restrictions throughout Australia and beyond) featuring CEOs, technical leaders and other influencers
- Workshops to learn how to present
- Webinars covering a range of technical and professional topics
- Developing an understanding of what RISSB does and how Standards are developed
- Innovation training (e.g. a hackathon)
- Group projects such as the development of a technology inspired monthly newsletter
- Developing and presenting group ideas to panels of industry leaders.
Nominations close 19 November 2021.
Horizons Program 4.0 will start in early February 2022 with an introductory Teams meeting followed by a forum in Melbourne in Feb/early March. Future forums are scheduled to be held in Brisbane in May and in Sydney late July/early August.
For more information
If you would like to know more about the Horizons Program, please contact Phil Allan at RISSB via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0401 120 978.